Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!!!

 Over the last few years it seems that the meteorologists have gotten much better at predicting the weather.  The last few days they were predicting snow, sleet, and freezing rain for the Atlanta area.  I was watching for it all day yesterday, finally at about 9:00 last night I told my hubby, "It's not going to snow", less than an hour later I looked out the window and it was pouring down.  It was beautiful!!  I love snow and for this to be the second big snow that I have seen in less than a month was wonderful.  Not wonderful that we will have to make today and tomorrow up later, but I have enjoyed playing in the snow.  These are some of the trees in our backyard. 
Bird feeder that my dad made for me.
After walking in the snow and helping some of our neighbors shovel their driveways I worked on organizing my sewing room.  School closings have already been announced for tomorrow and I plan on getting a lot of sewing done tomorrow.

4 comments:

Karmen said...

Good for you getting out and being active! My shovel was inadequate to the task of large shoveling jobs, so I stayed in and cooked. I also plan to sew tomorrow. Stay warm! Karmen

Gretchen said...

Shovel??!!?? What's a shovel? Have fun sewing!!!!

BlueRidge Boomer said...

My grandkids in Atlanta had a snow day...and they're HOME SCHOOLED..!!
Stay safe and warm....enjoy

PSalter said...

I LOVE your bird feeder! I've so enjoyed watching the gold and purple finches in my feeders.