Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hawiian applique part II

 After reading one of Jennifer Chiaverine's quilting novels last year, I was determined to learn how to do Hawaiian applique.  Last fall I took a beginning class, which I really enjoyed.  On Saturday I took an intermediate class.  The  class was to make a wall hanging like the one to the right. I selected a cream background with a batik for the actual applique, the batik was a turquoise and red print. I was able to prepare the background and get the applique cut out. Unfortunately, I had to leave the class early.  I had to attend a memorial service for a fellow teacher who had died on Christmas Eve.  It was really sad, she found out in August that she had cancer and died on in December. 

Tracing the applique.

Cutting out the applique.

No comments: