Sunday, January 16, 2011

No more cabin fever


In the last week we have gone from snow and ice covered trees and streets to temperatures in the 50's.
I have actually enjoyed being at home the last week, other than the fact that I will have to give up having days off later in the year.  I managed to get a lot of things done in my sewing room.  Hubby, on the other hand, had a really ad case of cabin fever.  He was definitely ready to get out yesterday, I even managed to talk him into going to a movie.  I can usually only get him to one or maybe two movies a year, I guess we got this year's in early.   I had been wanting to see the new version of True Grit.  I remember seeing the original with my dad when I was younger and didn't know how they could remake it.  I was pleasantly surprised, it was really good.  I love Jeff Bridges movies and this was no exception, the entire cast did a wonderful job.  It was worth the 11:  a ticket we paid to see it. 
 I still have one more day off before heading back to work, tomorrow is the MLK holiday.  I guess it will be back to the sewing room.

No comments: