Monday, January 13, 2014

New Look

As I said in my post yesterday my blog was definitely overdue for a new look, well I have started on it, still have some things to  change. While looking at everything on my blog, I stared for a long time at last years UFO list.  I only finished two quilts on my list from last year.  Wow, that is pretty bad!! I have got to get some of these UFO's out of the sewing room.  While thinking about that it was perfect timing that I received the new issue of The Quilt Life.  I have cut back on the magazines that I subscribe to but this is one I still get and I had an epiphany while reading one of the articles about UFO's.  The author was talking about her huge stack of UFO's and how she hated going in her sewing room because of all of the half finished projects.  I can definitely feel her pain!!  She made the comment that she wasn't even excited about the quilts anymore and that she wanted to go out, buy fabric, come home and make a quilt while she was still excited about the fabric.  (I put this in my words, but it is basically what she said).  She decided to go through all of her projects and make three stacks, the ones she would definitely make (finish), the maybe pile and the definitely not stack.  The definitely not stack was given away or repurposed.  The  definitely finish stack was completed and the maybe stack was either completed, repurposed or given away.  I think this is what I need to do.  It was been a while since I got really excited about a quilt.  Before the end of January my goal is to go through my sewing room and make three stacks, hopefully this will enable me to get some of those UFO's finished or out of  my house.  Wish me luck. 

No comments: