Tuesday, January 7, 2014

BRRRR!!!

This morning the official temperature in  Atlanta was 8 degrees, at our house it was 5 degrees.  Thank goodness there was no school today.  It was cold. Now I know it is a lot colder in many parts of the US this week, but for Atlanta, 8 degrees is really really cold.  I desperately needed today to get caught up on my wool dyeing.  I know I just had two weeks off, but with the holidays I just didn't get as much done as I wanted to.  I also just got two really big orders of wool that I needed to work on.  One order is complete and the other is started. 
I did decide to do some things just for me this afternoon.  I am working on my first original design in wool, I am doing it in two different color ways, one is traditional red and white the other is magneta and turquoise.  What do you think?   I like it, not traditional Christmas colors but pretty.  Yes, I said Christmas I am working on this for Christmas of 2014. 
Here is another look at the "new creation".

In addition to this, I managed to finish all of the blocks for the Yellow Brick Road trade that we did last year.  I put it on the design wall and got it stacked and ready to sew.   It has been so long since I stacked a quilt I had to think about it for a while before I could remember how to do it.  Can't wait to finish it.  I bought the backing last week at Sweet Home's going out of business sale.  Hope everyone is keeping warm.

1 comment:

barbara woods said...

we live in n. west ga and it was 6 yesterday morning, to cold for me