I love it when Bonnie Hunter starts a new mystery, I don't always get them finished in a timely manner, but I get them started!!! When the directions came out, I thought getting paint strips from the hardware store was a great idea to decide on color. DH and I were at Ace and I picked up some stripes, very similar to the ones Bonnie is using. Later that day while walking in the woods up at the cabin I noticed all of the great greens, reds, and cheddars. It came to me, why not use those colors. If they are found in nature they should work in a quilt. When getting home I went through my stash and came up with some great reds, greens and cheddars. I was stuck on the background color, didn't want to use gray. I had a perfect piece of chocolate brown but didn't have two yards of it. I guess I would have to go shopping, something I am trying really hard not to do. I decided to for the lights to use shirting's in neutral colors. After getting everything together except the constant, I was looking forward to the first set of instructions, well one thing lead to another and I didn't get started right away. Lucky for me. I saw in the second set of instructions that you really didn't need two yards of the constant fabric, which meant I could use the chocolate brown piece that I already had. Yeah!!!!
Some of step one, these are the first ones I did. It took me two nights to finish them.
Now on to step two. Sometimes it pays to be behind.