Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finally Made it to Easy Street

I love it when Bonnie Hunter starts a new mystery, I don't always get them finished in a timely manner, but I get them started!!!  When the directions came out, I thought getting paint strips from the hardware store was a great idea to decide on color.  DH and I were at Ace and I picked up some stripes, very similar to the ones Bonnie is using.  Later that day while walking in the woods up at the cabin I noticed all of the great greens, reds, and cheddars.  It came to me, why not use those colors.  If they are found in nature they should work in a quilt.   When getting home I went through my stash and came up with some great reds, greens and cheddars.  I was stuck on the background color, didn't want to use gray.  I had a perfect piece of chocolate brown but didn't have two yards of it.  I guess I would have to go shopping, something I am trying really hard not to do.  I decided to for the lights to use shirting's in neutral colors.  After getting everything together except the constant, I was looking forward to the first set of instructions, well one thing lead to another and I didn't get started right away.  Lucky for me.  I saw in the second set of instructions that you really didn't need two yards of the constant fabric, which meant I could use the chocolate brown piece that I already had.  Yeah!!!!

Some of step one, these are the first ones I did.  It took me two nights to finish them.

Now on to step two.  Sometimes it pays to be behind. 

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

This quilt will look fabulous. Can't wait to see it finished.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your colors! I'm using the same ones LOL. I just love autumn. Happy stitching!