Thursday, December 13, 2012

12-12-12

Yesterday, 12-12-12 was a big birthday for my DH.   I wanted to do something really, really special for him (especially since the anniversary present quilt from earlier in the year was such a flop).  I thought long and hard on what to get him, talked to a couple of his friends and it finally came to me- a wild boar hunt.  He went on one several years ago and has been talking about going on another one.  I did some research and finally found one that didn't cost an arm and a leg.  I paid for the hunt and he will be able to call and make the arrangements to go whenever he wants.  I always give him a Christmas ornament, so I found a pig one, thinking that would be perfect.  Once he opened the ornament, he got this really strange glow on his face and started smiling.  I think he knew what was coming.  Yep, he guessed.  I think this was the best present I could have given him.  I have definitely redeemed myself from the quilt fiasco. 

No comments: