Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Reading

 Two of my favorite things are reading and quilting.  Some days I would put quilting first, other days I would list reading first.  Today is one of those reading days.  I read a variety of books and at this time I year I just can't help but read sentimental holiday books.  I love Debbie Macomber's books and enjoy her holiday books.  The latest one, Call Me Mrs. Miracle, is a heartwarming story of the true meaning of Christmas.  It also reminds us that unfortunately not everyone has wonderful childhood Christmas memories.  Would definitely recommend this one, it is a very quick read.
Mary Kay Andrews is a local Atlanta author and writes extremely amusing books.  Blue Christmas is no exception.  Weezie is up to her neck in decorating for Christmas and at the same time trying to instill a little bit of Christmas cheer in her boyfriend.  Things don't turn out so well when she invites his family over for Christmas Eve dinner. 
 


This is only the second in the Domestic Diva series by Krista Davis that I have read.  They are basic mysteries with recipe and organizational tips.  This one, The Diva Cooked a Goose involves a Boxing Day murder of a wanna be Domestic Diva.  Sophie is called on to prove that her sister-in-law's sister didn't commit murder.  The characters are believable and it is a quick amusing holiday read. 
I am always looking for good holiday books, so if you have some suggestions leave them for me. 

No comments: