Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Paper piecing


A couple of weeks ago I took a paper piecing class at Sweet Home. I had the best time. Debbie Fry was the instructor, she is like the queen of paper piecing. The quilt that we were doing is on the wall behind her, Untitled a pattern by Karen Stone. I had a little experience with paper piecing, but just what I had picked up on my own from reading and looking online. One of the things we had to do was have the fabrics for one section of the block selected and cut to size. I wanted to go with a scrappy look, but was concerned about some of the fabrics that I had selected. I am really happy with the way the block turned out. I was afraid that the light yellow in the middle section would look washed out (which it does in the photo) but it added a lot to the block. This is definitely something that I will finish at some point in time.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Your block is fabulous! Yes, this is one quilt that should be finished. Enjoyed our sewing Tuesday evening!

Connie said...

I have not done much paper piecing, but thq uilt is beautiful, and your block is looking real good, it would be a quilt to finish. HAPPY PIECING!

Sandra Henderson said...

Gorgeous! FUN! WOW! My friend does a lot of paper piecing and it's so strikingly gorgeous! She brought me some printed papers when she came to visit... I must sit down and "play" soon! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Your block looks great! That is a fantastic quilt! Yes, one that you must finish!

Sandra Henderson said...

Can I ask you a question? If I were to order this pattern....
(thanks for the link!)
How do I do it? meaning, the paper piecing part. Does it come w/the papers already preprinted? Do you go and copy what you need to make the quilt as big as you need from the one master piece?
Excuse my uneducated question, I just don't know because I've never bought a paper piecing pattern... I've seen my friend do them.. .but that's about it. I'm in LOVE with what you've done here... :)