Thursday, May 29, 2014

It's a miracle! Sewing at Last

For the first time in over a month I actually sat down at my sewing machine and did some sewing.  I
 try to sew some each day, but this year that just hasn't happened.  The last couple of  months of school were just exhausting, I have never been as glad as I was this year that school was out for the summer.  Hopefully this summer I can get some sewing done. My plan is to finish up some projects.  The little quilt to the right is from a kit I purchased at Sweet Home several years ago.  I thought it was bigger when I bought it!!  After finishing it and getting it quilted I sat it aside and never put the binding on it, today I put the binding on it and stitched most of it down while watching TV tonight. 
Although I haven't been sewing at the machine I still try to do hand work each night.  I have more projects started that I care to count, the latest one is Lucy Boston, Patchwork of the Crosses.  Last week I finished this pink and green block, along with the blue and gold one below.  These are my two favorites so far. 

 
Earlier this week I tried to get my yard work and some other big projects finished so I could spent the next couple of weeks sewing.  Tomorrow I hope to finish Christmas Reel, I really want to get it finished and get it quilted before Christmas.  Then I think it will be time for an easy  project that doesn't require a lot of thinking.  I have several fat quarters that I am thinking of doing a Turning Twenty, that is a really simple pattern but it goes together very easily and is a great use for fat quarters.

1 comment:

kristie said...

Love the pink and green POTC!