Monday, June 2, 2014

Yeah!! It's finished

I know these aren't the best pictures, but I am so glad to have this quilt top finished that it is ok.  It looks much better in person.  I started this early last year from a kit, the pattern is from Lisa Bongene, and the fabric is from Primitive Gatherings. There are 9 appliqued blocks and they are really big, 20 inches square.  I enjoyed doing the applique and was glad that the pieces were big, made the applique much easier to do.  What I didn't like doing so much was the half square triangles that made up the inner border.  I tried really hard to  make sure that none of the points were cut off when I attached the large outer border.  I  ended up doing a lot of unsewing, but  a few points ended up getting cut off.  I finally decided nothing is perfect and once it is quilted it hopefully won't be too noticeable.
Close up of one block and inner border.

No comments: