Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Patchwork of the Crosses

 After a really bad winter here in Atlanta, we have skipped Spring and moved straight into Summer.  The temperature for the last few days has been almost 90.  The hot weather has really made the roses take off, I got these yesterday afternoon while DH was working at the garden.  I had been helping out and decided to take a break, there are some beautiful rose bushes and some iris's around where we have our garden.



With all of the gardening, working with wool, and the extra  time we are working at school to make up for the lost snow days has put a damper on my sewing.  I have managed to start a new project, Patchwork of the Crosses a blog along project from Little Quilts, several of my friends are doing this and I decided to try it.  This is the first English Paper Piecing that I have ever done, I would have been finished with this first block a week ago, but I took it apart and put it back together, I didn't like the way that it looked.  I think I will enjoy EPP after I do a little more.  It does take a little bit of getting used to.  I almost have a second block done, look for it in a couple of days.


1 comment:

Penny from S.C. said...

Beautiful block - I have seen quite a few people doing this quilt with Inklingo. Either way, it makes up a very great quilt. Enjoy the journey!