Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell 2103

     Farewell and good riddance to 2013.  2013 was not the best ever year for the Quilting Cowgirl.  Lots of medical issues for both me, DH, and my mom, surgeries for all of us.  Finally we are all on the road to recovery.  In addition to medical issues it seemed that every time we turned around we were spending money on either the house or the cabin, money that we really hadn't planned on spending.  Everything from leaks in the roof to leaky pipes.  Now that the whining is out of the way; I do have a lot to be thankful for, both DH and I still have jobs.  Due to our surgeries we are in better health than ever and that is  a lot to be thankful for.  My mom is doing much better we spent Christmas with her, it was great to see her and the extended family that unfortunately I only see once or twice a year.   I am definitely looking forward to a better year in 2014.  I hope to expand my wool business and do some work around the house.  Why is it that you just look around one day and realize that you need new drapes, the rooms need to be repainted, and in general you just need to freshen things up.  While putting away Christmas, I realized that our house is long overdue for  a "make over".  The bathrooms are definitely up for a redo, (all of the medical bills forced it to be put on the back burner for 2013) our house is a 1960's ranch and the bathrooms have never been updated.  I have to admit that household make overs are not my thing.  I don't feel comfortable making decisions about the house; give me some quilt fabric and I can make a decision, but ask me to pick out paint and I just can't do it.  I desperately need help in this area.  Any suggestions?   Over all I am really grateful that I have my health a loving husband, a job, and a house.  There are so many that don't have these things.  I hope each and everyone of you have a wonderful New Year.

1 comment:

barbara woods said...

we are retired so after 10 years every thing we bought new has had to be replaced, stove , fridge, freezer. dryer and mu washer needs work now. Rough on a fixed income