Thursday, December 5, 2013

Beginning to look like Christmas

Remember the sled I bought a few weeks ago from an estate sale for 5.00?  I was so excited about this bargain, even though at the time I didn't know what I was going to do with it.  I decided to put it outside our front door and decorated it for Christmas.  Here it is before decorating.  You can see my purchases from Michael's:  greenery, ribbon, pinecones, and  red berries.  This is not exactly something I am extremely talented at, but after pricing some finished pieces that I liked at some stores I decided that I could make something (almost) as nice for a lot less money.  After several different tries getting it together and taking apart and putting it back together I finally came up with a design I liked.

Here is the finished product.  I am not the best bow maker in the world, but I think it works.  The entire thing sled and all cost a huge 18.00, can't beat that.  Now to finish decorating for Christmas.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Great job, don't you love those sale bargains??