Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Latest Wool Applique Project

Pat, over at Silver Thimble Quilt Co. is one of the most creative people that I know.  She designs quilts, table toppers, tote bags, writes books, and is our fearless Thimble leader, and is a wonderful friend.  Last year I teamed up with her to put together a wool kit for her pattern Snowbound, it was a tremendous success.  I wanted to use some of my wools in another pattern of hers and decided on Glory Garden.   I am stepping out of my box and using really bright colors of wool. 



I decided on a pale blue and white stripe for the background and really bright colors for the flowers and the stems. So far I have just pinned the pieces down and have them ready to stitch down.  Can't wait to see how this looks. ( as you look at the pattern above, this is the next to the last row with the basket in the middle)  Check out Pat's website for more info on her patterns.

No comments: