Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A finish, finally

I think that I was over ambitious with my UFO list for this year.  There is no way that all of those UFO's will be finished.  I did finish one yesterday, yeah, finally.  This is the last swap that our swap group did, over a year ago. I can't remember what the actual name of it was, I called it a Rail Fence, it was on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting a while back.  It is hard to tell from this photo, but all of the fabrics are florals, either lights or darks.  While going through my stash today I even found the perfect backing for it.  It is brown with different shades of pink flowers.  I think when I get around to getting it quilted it will become my new TV watching quilt.  I have no idea why it took me so long to finish this, it was really easy to make.   

Now that I have one project finished, I am giving myself permission to start a new one, and for this new project I am stepping out of my box.  I don't usually use really bright fabrics and I don't usually mix batiks and prints; well for this one I am doing both. I found this photo on Pintrest earlier this year, then a couple of months later the pattern came out in one of the quilting magazines. It has taken me a while to go through  my stash and one visit to the quilt store to get things out of my box to gather up enough prints to get started.  I have cut all of my stash and new fat quarters that will work and have completed two of the light string pieced blocks.  I have to admit the colors are a nice change from  anything that I have done recently.  Will post more on my progress later.

1 comment:

kristie said...

Yeah that swap is done! I still have to quilt mine! I have no clue what I will be doing at stitch in...but excited. k