Monday, July 22, 2013

A little of this and a little of that

Where oh where has the summer gone?  I can't believe that in a little more than a week I will be back at work.  Not at all looking forward to it.  The last week has been filled with a variety of activities, the first was pickle making.  Our garden has not done at all well this year, we have had too much rain, (if there is such a thing), 11 inches just last week, that plus very little sun has lead to a very poor garden.  We have gathered a few cucumbers.  I finally gathered enough to make a batch of pickles.  These are the same pickles I made last year from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.  DH really liked them. 

Pickles in ice

Pickles draining just before the cooking and canning process.



 I also had an order for some charm packs of wool.  I absolutely love dyeing wool and would do it everyday if I could.  Maxine up at a Stitch in Time order some more charm packs so I had to get those ready to go.  This was in addition to delivering the monthly order for Tiny Stitches and stopping off at Little Quilts in the hope that Mary Ellen would be there and purchase some wool.  I was in luck she was there and made a very nice purchase. 
 




I also finished the piece that I was working on for Pat, Glory Garden.  I absolutely love the way that it turned out.  Check out Pat's website at Silver Thimble for a kit in the near future for this.  In addition to all of this, I did some reading, yard work and housecleaning, why can't I just sew all of the time?

No comments: