Friday, May 6, 2011

It called my name

 I am trying really, really hard to not start any new projects, but I couldn't help myself with this one.  A coulple of months ago I saw this pattern in a  magazine and couldn't get it out of my mind.  The name of the quilt is Stars of the Olde West, (perfect for the quilting cowgirl, right).  It has a lot of applique and I am trying to finish my Carrie Hall applique blocks but had to put them aside and start this one. 
The background blocks are four neutrals sewn together with large circles appliqued on them, then there is a star added to the top of the circle.  I am trying to get all of the circles done before I start adding stars.  I have finihsed three of the circles so far.  It is a good thing I have a collection of neutrals.

2 comments:

Linda V said...

I love that pattern! I certainly don't blame you for doing that one. My hubby would love one! What magazine is it in? Thanks for sharing it.

Becky said...

Wow! This one looks awesome. Just so we are actually finishing something:)