Monday, May 2, 2011

Great time in Paducah


I can't believe that it has already been a week since my friend Becky and I headed to Paducah for the Quilt Show.  We had a great time catching up on everything in the world on the drive up.  Our first stop once reaching Paducah, even before heading to our hotel, was Hancock's of Paducah.  It was just our luck that it was closing just as we pulled up in front of the door.  Since we couldn't fabric shop we decided to head to the hotel, it the best hotel I have ever stayed  in but at least we had a room.  Several hotels were flooded and people had to find other rooms.  Hotels weren't the only things flooded, this photo shows a park that was down the street from our hotel. 

The Ohio River just beyond the flood walls in Paducah.


The bubble or marshmallow where the award winning quilts and some vendors were located due to flooding.



Aside from the weather Becky and I had a great time.  I had three days of Quilt Appraisal classes while Becky had fun looking at quilts and shopping.  I did find time to see all of the award winning quilts and do some shopping.  I was very lucky to be in the bubble and meet Pat Holly with her Best of Show Quilt.  It isn't a great photo, but I did ask her permission to use it and she graciously gave it.  Her quilt is absolutely outstanding.  I understand why it was awarded Best of Show. 

Pat Holly and her award winning quilt.



No comments: