Thursday, February 24, 2011

February UFO Finish

I finished my February UFO project with a few days to spare.  I mean finished as in quilted, with a label, and on the bed.  Woohoo!!!  I have been working on this quilt off and on for almost two years.  That is a record even for me.  The pattern is Buckeye Beauty, the fabric is Chocolat from Moda.  I am pleased with the way it turned out, the only problem came with the backing.  Remember I have had this fabric for two years, and I just knew that I had enough for the backing.  Not!  I didn't know what to do, I didn't want to get another fabric and wasn't able to locate enough to make it work.  After digging through  my stash I found several fat quarters that I had not used in the top.  I took four of those and put them in the middle of the backing.  It looks like I planned it.  It feels great to finally finish something.

4 comments:

Elisa Black said...

Congrats on the finish!! It looks great!! Maybe someday (soon) I'll completely finish a quilt! I think its fine (and resourceful) that you used the extra fat quarters on the back! Enjoy your new quilt!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Beautiful!

grendelskin said...

Hooray for finishes, and a gorgeous one it is too! I like a pieced back, makes it interesting. I'm right there with you, been working but not actually finishing anything! Too many irons I guess!

Micki said...

What a great finish, and I love the browns.
Micki