Monday, June 21, 2010

Great Reads!

Since I have been somewhat tied down the last few days, I have been doing lots and lots of reading. My friend, Becky, loaned me one of her books, A Thread so Thin. It is part of the Cobblestone series by Marie Bostwick. I really enjoy her books and this was no exception. It is one of those series where you can care about the characters and want to keep reading about them. This is a good one.
I also read State Fair, by Earlene Fowler, one of the Bennie Harper mystery series. I have to admit before reading I was confused by the title, all of her books have quilt block titles and I was not familiar with one called, "state fair". Several different ones were mentioned in the book, will have to go on like and look them up. One of the main characters in this book was Bennie's aunt from Arkansas, I don't want to give anything away, but I think we will be seeing a lot more of her in future books. I did enjoy this one, however not as much as some of the other titles.

I am currently reading the last of the Millennium trilogy. I absolutely love these books. I have had this one for a couple of weeks and was saving it for when I had surgery. It is great. I started it yesterday and read about a third of it. Too bad Mr. Larsson died after this series, I would love to read more books by him. Would definitely recommend this series.


4 comments:

Nancy said...

She has another aunt? Not the one from Arkansas? I'm gonna have to see if the library has it yet.

Thanks for sharing! I need another summer read :o)

Becky said...

Happy to hear you have books to read as you recover. Glad you enjoyed Thread So Thin. I have the new Earlene Fowler on request at the PL. I'll have to try the new series, the girl who. Will put it on my list. Cleaning house today. Rusty and I needed a break. He had a bathe and manicure :)

Unknown said...

Love Marie Bostwick's books!! If you loved reading them, you have to listen to my podcast interview with her!!

Susan Tidwell said...

These all look good, thanks for the reviews and recommendations. I love to read!