Monday, March 30, 2009

Fabric Found

After much searching online last week, I finally found the fabric that I needed to finish the borders on my quilt. I found it at an online only shop in Louisiana. (the fabric actually came from my friend Becky's home town. ) Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions of where I could possibly find the fabric. I have learned a valuable lesson, either make sure you have enough fabric or don't keep the project in a UFO state for so long. I didn't get too excited because I couldn't get my hopes up that it was exactly what I was looking for until the mail came on Friday. It was a perfect match. I was able to get the borders on and finish a UFO. So far I have finished one project a month. This was my project for March. I had to spread it out on the floor of my sewing room, which after looking at this photo I definitely need to clean my sewing room. You know when you get involved in a project you don't always take time to clean, however I think I need to do some major cleaning before I start another project.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hooray for finding the fabric!!! It was so nice to see you at Little Quilts on Sat. Hope to see you at Thimbles next month.

SueR said...

Hi Brenda, thanks so much for visiting my blog, and thanks for your nice comment on the snowman quilt. How lucky you were to find more of your fabric. Hasn't that happened to us all? I think we're supposed to view that as an opportunity to be creative, lol, but it usually causes me panic! Your sampler is just lovely.