Monday, July 28, 2008

Let Your Inner Freak Out

Since things have been so crazy around our house this summer we didn't go on a real vacation. We went to Asheville, NC on Friday for their Bele Chere festival, it is held the last weekend of July. There are lots of arts and crafts booths plus all kinds of music concerts. The concerts range from Bluegrass to Hard Rock. The best thing about all of the concerts, they are free. Friday night we listened to Balsam Range, a Bluegrass group, and on Saturday we wandered around and listened to various groups. This is our fourth year going to Bele Chere. It is a lot of fun. There is one thing you definitely have to bring to the festival: an open mind. As the local paper put it, make sure that you bring an open mind because many people use this as an excuse to "let their inner freak out". (As did the person in the photo) This caused Joe and I to have an interesting discussion. Do you have an inner Freak? After a long discussion Joe decided that he missed out on the inner freak gene. I agreed with him 100%. We both came to the conclusion that I had inherited an inner freak gene, it had just never been encouraged to blossom. I think with very little encouragement I could Freak with the best of them. How about you do you have an inner freak? What is the freakiest thing you have ever done?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've never hear of this festival. Sounds a bit like Mardi Gras:) The bluegrass music sounds wonderful. The freakiest thing I can remember is going to a costume party (before I discovered I was a librarian ). Several of us "ladies" were sitting on a bench. One of the "gentlemen" said that we looked like "ladies of the night." Never knew if he meant it as a compliment or not :)