Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting back in the groove!


After a recovery day yesterday, I am getting back in the groove today. I have two projects for the day. I want to work on my Firecrackers quilt started last week at Sisters, (I haven't touched it since Friday.) and I have a pair of pants cut out. I decided I needed to make some back to school clothes. The pattern I am making is the Artisan Pant by Indygo Junction. This is the second time I have used one of their patterns and I really like them. I thought these pants would be great for school. They have elastic in the waist, which I am really into these days. The pair I have cut out is black, if I like the way they fit, I have a brown pinstripe that I will probably make also.
This is one reason my stash is soooo big. I have two different ones, one for quilting fabric and one for clothing fabric. The quilting one is much much bigger. The clothing stash only has the basics in it, however, I have found myself digging into it more and more lately. I even found fabric to make a top to go with the pants. Getting the pants and a top done, will probably take me through next week, then it is off to school.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Glad to see another quilter that sews clothing. Our Mother Superior from SNS hates clothing construction.

Becky said...

I used to make clothes. I still have a couple of patterns that I'd like to make, but my quilt obsession prevents other projects. This pants pattern will look neat!