Friday, February 14, 2014

We survived!!

Nothing like waking up to about 2 inches of snow on Thursday morning.  This was after a full day on Wednesday of sleet and freezing rain.  Our biggest fear was that our power would go out, and thankfully it didn't.  Some of the power lines were looking a little saggy but they managed to stay up.  I took this shot of a dogwood tree in our front yard about 7:00 yesterday morning.   It was so quiet and peaceful, the snow just adds a beauty to everything. About 9:00 DH and I decided to go out to "play" in the snow.  It was more like a walk, however; I did manage to get him with some snowballs.
Our house in the snow.

One of our neighbors was out walking and thought it was hilarious that we were having a snowball fight.   Like I say you are only as old as you feel!!  
After the snow walk and we warmed up with some hot chocolate, I headed back to my sewing room to clean some more.  I swear after this I am not and I repeat not letting it get so messy, between all of the wool and cotton it looked like a natural fiber disaster area. I can proudly say that the wool is now in it's proper place and most of the cotton is.  I realized that I never, and I do mean never need to buy any more fabric.  I realized while going through all of my fabric that my fabric taste has definitely changed over the years.  I disassembled two kits and decided that I would use the fabric for other projects.  One I did because I didn't like the pattern any more, and the other because I realized that I needed the fabric in a quilt I want to start for our bedroom and who knows if I would have ever made the other one.  I have sewn the binding on two quilts, now to get it stitched down. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...


Will Pharmacy delay hoodoo weight loss programs by Cardsharing Server forcing health supplement companies to pull their products of the market. No. If they don't and the shipment of hoodoo sits in the port, the supplier must reapply for a new permit.