Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Elm Creek Quilts Novel

Last night I took advantage of one of the wonderful programs offered by the Georgia Center for the Book, a visit from author Jennifer Chiaverini.  I have read everyone of her books and was really excited about going to see her.  My friend Becky  and I had planned on going together, but she had a change in some travel plans and was unable to go with me.  I thought about not going but decided that I would go on my own.  I asked a few people from work but no one was interested in going with  me.  She was very entertaining, and easy to listen to.  Her new book, The Giving Quilt was just released and of course I bought one.  I plan on giving it to my mom for her birthday (after I read it first). 

On this trip Jennifer is traveling with her husband, Matt.  They were both extremely nice and very easy to talk to.  I can't wait to start reading The Giving Quilt.  If you live in the Atlanta area and aren't familiar with the Georgia Center for the Book they have some wonderful programs and most are free.

No comments: