Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chilly, my first wool project

I don't know why I am just now discovering the joys of working with wool applique.  I have friends that have done this for years, I always thought it was beautiful just had no desire to do any.  Until now!!  I am so getting into this, even dyeing my own wool.  ( and selling some too!!).  While in Houston a couple of weeks ago, I found this wonderful book that had some great projects, both wool and other.  I really want to make the quilt shown on the front, but decided to start with a wool project.  I decided on the door hanger, called Chilly. 

Here is the background with my basic snowman.
Here is the finished product.  I did make a couple of changes, the pattern has the year on the tree to the left and black dots instead of buttons for ornaments.  I decided that I didn't want the year, and to use purple buttons to match the band on his hat.  Can't wait to ge this sewn up and on the door.  If you are interested in a kit for this project check out my etsy store.  Here is the link:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/114307069/wool-applique-kit-for-chilly    (The  kit  has the wool to make the pattern as it is in the book.) 








The back has a snowman too!!

Here is the pattern from the book.

1 comment:

Doniene said...

Brenda, these are darling little projects!! I too have not done much wool applique, though I did make a wool crazy quilt and really like working with the wool!

Blessings