Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Houston Quilt Market

I was lucky enough to be invited to go to the Houston Quilt market for the second year in a row by my good friend Pat over at Silver Thimble Quilt Co.  There were seven of us there this year and it was a blast, however, it got of to a rocky start.  Pat had shipped the actual booth and it was late in reaching the convention center for some reason.  Not Good!!  This meant that we were delayed in setting up the booth.  We went with plan B which was shopping at Painted Pony then setting up the booth.

Marti, Pat, Kristie, and BJ working on the booth.
Just before the doors to market open, me, BJ, and Kristie.

Ready to sell, sell, sell
After shopping and getting the booth set up, we went out for a quick dinner, then back for shopping at Spree.  Spree is absolutely crazy, especially the Moda table!!! It is a free for all, with fat quarter bundles flying everywhere.  I went to Moda first got what I wanted, then to Valdani for my first thread purchase.  I also bought a cute stitchery pattern, Kristie thought it was cute too, since she bought the same one.  After Spree we went back to the hotel for show and tell then off to bed to get ready for the first day of the show on Saturday.  More about that later.

No comments: