Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Festivals

I love Fall Festival time of year!  There is a festival almost every weekend or craft show almost every weekend.  Last week was the annual Fall Festival at the John C. Campbell Folk School, it is a wonderful festival.  This year the weather was absolutely beautiful, which lead to extremely large crowds.  We arrived shortly after 10:00, the festival opened at 10:00 and parking was already at a premium.  This is one of my favorite festivals, it supports the folk school and is in a beautiful setting.  Most of the vendors are people who have either taken classes a the school or are instructors.  The arts and crafts are definitely worth the money.  The only thing I make a point of buying every year is yarn.  I love alpaca yarn and at the festival I get to meet the alpaca's and pet them.  This year I found a gorgeous purple yarn that I plan on using for a scarf. 

Every year I look forward to petting the alpaca's and buying some of their yarn.

Not sure who this guy was maybe "The Fall Fairy".

Of course there were pigs.

No comments: