Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumnal Equinox


 Welcome Fall!!!  I am definitely ready for some cooler weather.  This has been a really hot summer in Atlanta, we totally skipped Spring and went directly into Summer.  Last week I started talking to our kindergarten students about fall, and reading one of my favorite books, By the Light of the Harvest Moon by Harriet Ziefert.   The illustrations, b y Mark Jones,  are absolutely beautiful.  The students are so excited that they get to learn the big fancy word for fall, autumnal equinox.  There is nothing like hearing 20 kindergarten students try to pronounce those two words.  Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, it always has been.  I love getting out in the woods and roaming about.  Check out some of my Georgia mountain images of fall.
Hand turned wooden bowl with fall leaves.
Just looking at this makes me relax.
Pumpkin Time!
Don't know exactly what these things are but they reminded me of baby pumpkins.
Leaves are starting to turn in the mountains.
I see pumpkin pies in their future.

No comments: