Monday, June 13, 2011

Huckleberry Pie anyone???

I am not normally a purple person, but for some reason I am going through a purple period. The two quilts I finished while in the mountains both had purple borders, now I am doing one in all purples.  A couple of months ago at Thimbles, Pat decided to "redo" on of her patterns, Blueberry Pie .  You could have your choice of pie, Lemon, Blackberry, or Mixed Berry, well leave it to me to be different.  I started thinking about one of our best vacations out west. We were in Glacier National Park and huckleberries were "the thing", Huckleberry pie, ice cream, margaritas, martinis, daiquiris, you name it they had it.  I decided then that I had to make a Huckleberry Pie.  Mary Ellen from Little Quilts was putting the kits together and I explained that I wanted Huckleberry.  She did a great job putting the kit together.  Look at all of those yummy purples.  I cut the quilt out yesterday but just couldn't get into sewing on it.

Pat's Blueberry Pie Pattern

I am loving this quilt.  I had to put one block together so that I could see how it was going to look.  The picture actually doesn't do it justice.  This is one quilt that will not, and I mean will not go into the UFO pile.  It will be finished and finished soon.  I love it.

3 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

oooohhh I can't wait!!!
Pat

Becky said...

It will be fun watching this quilt come together. Sure enjoyed visiting with you at the picnic! Enjoy your day tomorrow:)

Lori said...

Its a diet pie--no calories! Its going to be great looking.