Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Year of Small Projects

 A couple of weeks ago, I discovered  A Year of Small Projects on my friend Becky's blog.  I checked it out and was hooked.  The first project was an ironing board cover, I have to admit that is something I never thought that I would make.  Why would I?  You can go to Wal-Mart or Target and get one cheap enough.  Yes, they are cheaper than making one, but how creative you can get.  I don't think that I will ever buy another one.   Below you will see my cheap blue and white stripe ironing board cover from Wal-Mart that is about two years old. 

Look at the new and improved version!!!  I love it.  I have had this fabric for years and couldn't decide what to do with it.  It was the perfect length for the ironing board cover.  I actually even enjoyed ironing last night!!!  Can't wait for the next small project. 

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Beautiful! I need to do mine, but I've been putting it off. It is on my list though!

Becky said...

I love your ironing board cover!!!! It is so you! Remember to e-mail Sinta or Sherri with your link so they will include you in the parade of ironing boards. Hope to see you this weekend.