Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall in the Mountains

Fall is definitely making its way to North Georgia.  DH and I headed up over the weekend.  I t is amazing how the  leaves have changed in just the last week.  I had been looking forward to having a long weekend, (although it would have been nice if Monday were just a regular day off and not a furlough day).   I enjoyed several long walks, just looking at all of the signs of fall.  I went in to the town of Blue Ridge on Saturday and did some Christmas shopping, there are several really neat little shops.  I always try to do some of my shopping up there and support the local merchants.  DH was excited for another reason, Saturday was the first day of muzzle loader season. oh boy.  He was out the door at 6:00 am on Saturday morning to go sit in the woods to try to kill Bambi.  Luckily I saw more deer around the cabin than he did in the woods.  He has even taken the week off and is still up there hunting away, with little luck I must add.
I never realized just how big acorns could get, or how colorful they could be.

Leaves on the dogwood trees.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great post! I love fall in the north Georgia mountains.