Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Surprise from DH

My DH took a week of vacation last week to go deer hunting at our cabin.  He has wanted to do this for several years and has never been able to.  I think the anticipation was just too much for him.  The deer hunting was not successful, however; I did get a wonderful surprise out of it.  A few months ago, he made an arbor for his mom out of grapevine and parts of trees from her property.  I told him that someday I would like to have one, and in his spare time last week he made me one. I was so surprised.  It still needs just a little bit of work but I love it.  I can't wait to plant some flowers around it in the spring, and I already have plans to decorate it for Christmas. 

1 comment:

grendelskin said...

What a great surprise! I could easily see this covered in clematis or wisteria, it'll be lovely.