Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Lights

This afternoon I had the house to myself and I wanted to work on a Christmas project. I started step two of Carolina Christmas, but decided I want to work on something that I could actually have a chance of getting completed in the near future. I dug out the blocks for Bonnie Hunter's Christmas Lights. I cut the triangles and got it up on my design wall. I really like the way it turned out. Some of the blocks are actually sew together. I already have the border fabrics, so this is something that I could get finished before Christmas. My goal is to get it quilted and actually have it to use next Christmas.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Lovely quilt! I still need to sew mine together. We missed you on Sat. Hope Mr. QC had a great b-day.

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

Very striking! I love the secondary designs formed by your fabric choices.

Becky said...

Looks great! I started sewing my rows together, but have gotten side-tracked trying to get all the shopping done. Getting ready to bake cookies for Saturday (if Michael doesn't eat too many)