Thursday, November 19, 2009

Raffle Quilt

Have you ever made a quilt that you weren't quite sure why
you made it? Unfortunately I have. A couple of years ago Pat Sloan was doing a block of the month pattern on her book club website. I decided to go along not in one color way but in two, this is the batik version that I did. I used fabrics out of my stash except for the cornerstone blocks and the small outer border. After I finished it I though wow, it is neat, but not at all my colors and what on earth will I do with it? This week our annual Relay for Life Silent Auction was announced at school and I thought my quilt would be the perfect thing to donate. It will help raise money for a good cause and get out of my house. The bidding starts the week after Thanksgiving, I am anxious to see how much it will bring. I will keep you posted.



No comments: