Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Design Wall



This is the project that I started a couple of weeks ago at the cabin with Becky and Pat. It was a kit that I purchased probably about three years ago at one of the local quilt shops. The name of the pattern is Origami, bu Elizabeth Anne Quilt Designs. The pattern shows the quilt made out of oriental fabrics, ( this is the cover of the pattern, at the right)which have never been my favorites. The sample that was in the shop was made out of very traditional old fashioned floral fabrics, the sample is what caught my eye. I was very into that look a couple of years ago. Luckily I still like it, I can't say that for all of the kits that I have in my stash. The finished size of the pattern is 52 x 62 but I am adding at least one row on the side and top. I might even make it bigger. I have all of the blocks and the sashing pieces made I just need to put them all together.

2 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Beautiful...and I witnessed the squaring up process.

P

Gretchen said...

I like your version better too!