Monday, May 4, 2009

Where did the weekend go?

I always have such grand plans for the weekends,
and never get around to doing everything that I plan on doing. I spent mostof Saturday cleaning house. It definitely needed it, since we were out of town last weekend and will be out of town for Mother's Day. I know I have the afternoons, but by the time I get home and cook dinner I don't feel like cleaning house. I did finish up to applique blocks. My friend Krisite, got me hooked on the Carrie Hall Sample from Homestead Hearth. I have two months completed now. The block to the right is the first month. It was actually a lot



easier than I thought it would be. Kristie is doing the country version, and I decided to do the batik version. The other two blocks were actually the third month, the block for the second month looks really had and I skipped it. I have started working on it. I really like the way Homestead Hearth does their block of the month kits. Everything is clearly labeled and there is always enough fabric.
I also finished the book I was reading, Down Where my Love Lives by Charles Martin. I have read several of his other books and really enjoyed them. This was actually his first book, which I think has been republished. If you are looking for a good read, I would highly recommend it.

3 comments:

kristie said...

Wow Brenda, it looks great!! I'm still working on the second block! Almost done with it ;o) Kristie

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Nicely done Brenda! Summer is coming so maybe some extra sewing time is in the cards for you.

Pat

Becky said...

Awesome job with the applique!