Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April UFO finished

So far I am on track with my goal to complete one UFO each month. The ones I have completed so far, just happened to be the ones that I really didn't have that much more to do. My remaining UFO's aren't as close to being finished. The one I finished last night is the batik version of Pat Sloan's Book Club BOM from last year. I was pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks to Bad Melissa for suggesting the dark turquoise for the corner squares and the middle border, it makes the blocks stand out a little more. I was actually surprised when my husband saw it last night and said he liked it. He usually doesn't like batiks, and this isn't something I would usually do. I used leftovers for everything except the turquoise fabric. Now, to get it quilted someday.

4 comments:

Becky said...

A Finish!!!! This one looks good. You did a great job getting the blocks done each month. The turquoise gives it some "zing."

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Absolutely beautiful Brenda!Congrats on ANOTHER finished quilt.

Missed you this weekend but sounds like you had a lovely time in the Mountains.

Pat

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I love it when a plan comes together, and the blue is the perfect compliment to your other fabrics. Great job!

Gretchen said...

The turquoise is great! That Bad Melisa is good with fabric!