Monday, June 9, 2008

Stash Busting

Not one, not two, but three tops finished. I can't believe I did it. Actually two, of them were almost finished, I only needed to add the borders. The baby quilt is a true stash quilt made frm scraps left over from a previous baby quilt. My niece is expceting her third baby in December, I think that it will go to her. We don't know yet if it is a boy or a girl and this one has so many different colors in it I think it would work for either.
The one below is a kit that I didn't even remember that I had until I found it on Saturday. After I found it, I remembered buying it at Dream Quilters when they went out of business. It was really easy, a large middle piece and three borders. I did find out that you shouldn't hang on to a kit that long, there wasn't enough of the two outer border fabrics to do a checkerboard border all around, so I had to improvise and do the checkerboard on opposite corners. I think it turned out ok.








The one to the right, was a kit that I bought on my one and only trip to Paducah. It was another really easy one, simple squares sewing together. I did try to jazz it up by mitering the corners. This is the first quilt I have done that on. I think that they turned out ok. I should have tried to get the flowers lined up more, but it was my first try at doing the corners this way. It was actually easier than I thought. I had to take two corners out twice, one once, and the last one, I only had to restitch a small section.

At least that is three things I can say are no longer in my stash. Now I can get back to work on the Orange Crush Mystery quilt, that I am so far behind on.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Super job getting some tops finished!!! I have fabric from Dream Quilters close-out sale. I never even cut out the project. I'm impressed that you did a mitered corner. I haven't had the courage to try doing that. Love the baby quilt.

Nicole and Phil said...

great work getting some tops completed..I look forward to seeing them quilted and bound!