Thursday, January 11, 2018

One more name completed, and I am in love


Just finished "Donner" only 5 more names to go. Trying to decide if I want to do "Rudolph" in the same blue/grey shades or if I want to do it in red, all of the background fabrics are different shades of greys.  Red would definitely make it pop, but don't know if I want it to pop that much. This is part of the Dash Away All quilt.  In the pattern the names were regular needle turn applique, but I decided to do mine in wool.  I am also going to do the branches in wool, the rest of the quilt will be cotton.
Donner is ready to join his friends.


Now for the I am in love part, I am so excited to have discovered this starch, actually I didn't discover it my friend Margo do. She had Publix order her a case, I am so glad that she did.  I purchased one bottle from her, and I already know that I will be getting more.  Absolutely love it.  This is what I used when cutting and pressing the pieces for Clue 1 of ORL from Bonnie Hunter.  This made the cutting and sewing so much easier. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Love your Dash Away Quilt! I would go with the red and make Rudolph pop! Have you ever used Mary Ellen's Best Press for starching fabrics? I love it.