Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Two new table toppers

 I picked this table topper up from my friend Leisa last week, she did a great job quilting it.  I usually make big quilts, but my last few finishes have been much smaller.  I bought the kit for this table topper about 15 years ago at a quilter's garage sale.  I thought it had the pattern with it, however, it was just a photo and the fabric.  Luckily it was easy to figure out without the pattern.  I did make  a change, The holly leaves and berries should have been needle turned applique, but I decided to use wool.  I also added the rick rack on all four sides.  Love the way it turned out. 
This table topper was made from a pattern in a Country Threads charm square book from several years ago.  This is the second one I have made by this pattern.  I like it because it isn't overly Christmas, just wintery, and I can leave it out after Christmas.  I am slowly getting out all of my Christmas decorations.  Hope to have everything out by the end of the week.

No comments: