Monday, August 20, 2012

Two new projects

I have been trying all year to finish projects, not start new ones, but I couldn't resist any longer.  I am addicted to the Block of the Month's from Homestead Hearth.  Or as my friend Krisite calls them Block of the Day (since we get one almost everyday).  I love any quilt that has anything to do with winter or snowmen, and when I saw this BOM from Geoff's Mom I had to have it.  It is a Row of the Month.  On Saturday I received row number 1 and immediately started on it. 

Letters have been traced onto freezer paper, and ironed on black fabric.  I have already appliqued In and The (just forgot to take a photo)

This is the other new project that I have started, actually I have started three of them for Christmas presents.  I am way behind schedule on these.  Luckily you can use a charm pack and a little extra fabric for the background and the backing.


I found the pattern online and ordered it.  It looks pretty simple.  I have paired up the first charm pack for the outside pockets, the lining and the appliqued number.  I don't think it will take long once I actually start sewing.  Before I can start I need to make a trip to the local quilt shop to pick up a few solid colors to do some of the applique numbers.  Wish me luck.

No comments: