Saturday, August 25, 2012

Girls Night Out

On Monday night, Becky and I had girls night out  Our first stop was dinner at Taco Mac in Midtown, next stop was the Margaret Mitchell House to hear one of our favorite authors, Debbie Macomber. ( I am a huge Gone With the Wind fan, and can't believe that I have never been to Margaret Mitchell's house.  I will definitely go back for a tour.)  It was my first time to hear her speak, and Becky's second.  She is one of my favorite authors and I had been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks.  However, I knew that I would pay for it the next morning when I had to get up for school. 

Front of the Margaret Mitchell House.

Debbie Macomber, the podium was almost taller that her!!


Becky getting her book signed.


 I had purchased a copy of her new book, before heading out that evening.  I decided that I would get it autographed and give it to my mom for Christmas, of course I am planning on reading it before I give it to her!

As Becky and I were leaving I happened to look up and the sky was incredibly beautiful, so many different shades of blues, purples, and oranges.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  The clouds and lights were reflected in one of the office buildings in Midtown.  I have decided that I need to do more girls night out.
 
 
 

No comments: