Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shhhhh!! Don't tell

Shhh, don't tell, is the name of the mystery quilt from Pat and Debbie for our Silver Thimble group. I knew that if Debbie and Pat designed it I would definitely have to make it, but what to make it out of?  I struggle with choosing colors for quilts, especially mystery quilts. You never know what you are going to get, I guess that is why it is a mystery!!! One need one constant fabric and the other color needed to be one with a high contrast to the constant.  My first thought was red and then I realized that I have way too many red quilts, if that is possible.  My next thought was blue, but I couldn't decide what color to use with it.  I wanted to use as much from my stash as possible.  After looking at what I had  I decided to play it safe and go with a black constant fabric and neutrals as the accent fabric.    I guess you can't go wrong with neutrals.  Now to get started cutting the pieces and making the blocks.
I have all of the neutral fabrics cut for the first month, now to get the black cut and all of the half square triangles made.  I really like Pat's method of making half square triangles, where you make them bigger then cut them down to size.  Can't wait to see what colors everyone has picked.

No comments: