Monday, March 12, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I finished one of my New FO'S, Past Times, this is the kit that I have had for more years that I can remember.  When I started it I thought I would give it to my brother and his wife for Christmas, however, after finishing the top I decided that it really looked like my aunt so I am giving it to her for Christmas.   It will fit in with her house much better, and it just looks like her.  I have another old kit that I am going to make up for my brother.
Since finishing up, Past Times, I was able to put something new on the design wall, Comfort and Joy by Silver Thimble Quilt Co.  I am working on the last applique block, and have started on the connecting pieces.  I love this quilt and really want to get it finished in time for Christmas this year.  You probably see a theme here, Christmas; I am trying to make everyone in my family a Christmas quilt.  I did two last year, plan on doing two this year, and if I get Comfort and Joy finished, it will be mine.  Wish me luck. 

No comments: