Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Brother did a great job!!

Last fall I was lucky enough to attend the Houston Quilt Show and Market with 3 of my best buddies, Pat, Becky and Kristie. Kristie, Becky and I were actually there to help Pat out in her booth.  As you can imagine market was wonderful!!! I had absolutely no trouble  finding fabric and other sewing type things that I wanted to bring home with me, however; I wanted to buy a special book or something to remind me of my trip.  The major thing stopping me was budget, I was really trying to be a good girl and not spend too much.  While Kristie and I were walking around one afternoon looking at the quilts  I noticed a book, Lone Stars III, A Legacy of Texas Quilts 1986-2011.  I really, really wanted to buy it.   I picked it up and looked at it, but decided that the price was just a little too much for me.  I kept thinking about it after returning home and decided to put it on my Christmas list for my brother and niece.  (I knew if anyone got it for me it would be my brother).  Much to my surprise, he did get it for me.  The book is absolutely wonderful.  The prologue contains a brief timeline of U.S. history from 1986-2011, and the quilts are arranged by year.  It is really interesting to see the style of quilts change over the years and to see how national events can influence our quilting.  If you are looking for a great book to add to your library, I would definitely recommend this one.

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

looks like a wonderful book, will have to put it on my wish list too

Becky said...

Love the quilt on the cover! Enjoyed sewing yesterday! Have a great weekend!