Monday, April 11, 2011

Need a vacation, from my vacation

 Last week our spring break finally arrived, and not a day too soon.  We had not had any time off since our unexpected week off in January due to the snow.  I headed to Mississippi to see my mom on Saturday, DH drove over in his car to help do some odd jobs around my mom's house.  It turned out to be more than odd jobs, her deck needed rebuilding, along with work on a fence, a door, and numerous other odd jobs.  One thing my mom doesn't need help with is gardening, she has beautiful plants.  Her azaleas were in full bloom and absolutely gorgeous.  Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday were spent in manual labor.  I have the best DH in the world to drive all the way to Mississippi to do work for his mother in law.  He was well fed, my mom had made two pies, his favorites:  chocolate and coconut cream, plus lots of other goodies for him to eat.  Monday was stormy which meant we didn't work outside.  Hubby and I went to the Corinth Civil War Interpretive Center.  It opened about 5 years ago, and this was our second visit.  Corinth was the site of a  major battle during the war, and is only about 20 miles from where the Battle of Shiloh took place.  If you are ever in the area and enjoy Civil War sites this is a great one.
This is at the entrance to the museum.
This is the tranquility pool that features a marble block with the name of each major battle during the war.

Flags flying in front of the incoming storm clouds.
On Tuesday, DH headed home.  I kept busy doing some other odd jobs  for my mom. My original plan was to head back on Thursday, however  a cousin was killed on Thursday morning which changed all of my plans.  I didn't get back until Sunday, which  means that I didn't do anything that I had planned at my house.  Oh well, there is only seven more weeks of school, plenty of time this summer.

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Sorry to read abt your cousin. Your Mom must've been thrilled to have you there! The azalea is gorgeous! Have a happy week!