Saturday, March 5, 2011

Eventide


 I know I am a little late getting started with the Eventide Quilt Along from Cupcakes and Dasies. I love this quilt pattern, I like any pattern that has stars in it.  I know I wasn't going to start a new quilt, but I just couldn't help myself.   It took me a while to decide on the fabric that I wanted to used, I have been looking through my stash but couldn't really come up with fabrics that got my juices flowing.  I decided that I would just have to buy a few new pieces to go along with some of the ones from my stash.   I decided to pick up some of the Moda Luna Notte line, there are some wonderful dark prints that I could use with fabrics that I already had.
 Here are some of the fabrics that I am using.  I think I still  need to get another couple of darker pieces for the Ohio Star blocks.
I have most of the pieces cut, and started working on the large triangle blocks.  I decided to use peach as the constant fabric in these blocks. 

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

It's going to be wonderful in those colors!!

Sharrieboberry said...

I LOVE the Luna Notte fabrics but decided not to spend any more money to make this quilt.

I did a 180 and used pale blues and pale pinks and darker pinks and reds.

Do you have an updated picture? I'd love to see it!