Sunday, February 7, 2010

What a weekend!!!!


This has been one of the best weekends ever!! Hubby outdid himself, our destination was revealed on Friday night. We were going to Barnsley Gardens in Adairsville. I was so surprised, it is a five star resort that was recently written up in Conde Nast Traveler magazine. I couldn't hardly sleep Friday night I was so excited. However, the weather didn't exactly cooperate with us. There is a lot to do at the Gardens, but most of it is outside, horseback riding, biking, hiking, canoeing, and golfing. It was too cold to do any of that, so we stopped at Tellus Science museum on the way up. I guess I am a nerd, but I thoroughly enjoyed the museum. It is divided into three parts: transportation, fossils, and minerals. They also have one of the few digital planetarium movies in the US. We spent a couple of hours there since it was too cold to do anything outside.






After the museum we headed to our main destination. When we got there, we found that the "Fairy Godmother" had been in our room,(the photo above is our cottage, I could live there.) she had left balloons and champagne. After checking out our room we wandered around the grounds and headed over to the restaurant on the grounds. We had a wonderful dinner, and were visited again by the fairy godmother, our waitress brought out the cutest little birthday cake. It was a perfect day. On Sunday we had a wonderful breakfast followed by a tour of the ruins on the ground. The ruins are the remains of a home built in the 1800's for Julia Scarborough by her husband Godfrey Barnsley. It is a very romantic story.
I have already had a wonderful birthday and it isn't even my birthday yet.

2 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Looks like it was a wonderful weekend. I like your fairy godmother - she has excellent tastes!

Happy Birthday (in advance)!

Liz

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I'm leaving you an award today...come visit my blog to see.

Pat